Sunday, May 31, 2015

Pickleball So Important to Some That...

...people will move from one community to another. In a CBS Sunday Morning report:

So Sun City is getting a facelift, installing solar panels and updating the rec centers, including the pride of Sun City: a brand new pickleball facility.

"There are people moving here from Sun City West because of the pickleball we have here; it's incredible," said Carol Arinno.

Pickleball, a game played on a shrunken tennis court with paddles and a whiffle ball, has become the fastest-growing sport among retirees. The sun has barely come up in Sun City, and the courts are already packed with players like Larry Klein, who showed Knighton the ropes.

"I was introduced to the game about nine years ago," said Klein. "I lost my first game, just like you did."

"We don't need to say that part," Knighton said.


"It's addictive. I try to play every day. Some things interfere with my pickleball and it doesn't make me happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment